IGNORED

Hard water fishing...

mowin

9 minutes ago, GreeneHunter said:

Last year  (after February ) my SIL found a guy on Craigslist that decided to move to Tennessee and wanted to unload all his Ice Fishing gear , so we went half on everything ... 2 gas augers , Shanty , 15 tip ups , 10 rods , sled and an Electronic Fish Finder ! Cannot wait to test everything out !

Sounds like you hit the jackpot!  It’s a ton of fun if you’re new to it. 

"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Anonymous 

https://www.troutscapes.com

https://nativefishcoalition.org/national-board

Checked lake Champlain couple bays little icing nothing significant yet. Saranac river in certain places is froze where people had walked and had foot prints. Me and a buddy usually are out on 1 1/2-2 inches when I was a diehard no kids or wife lol. Went through ice with my brother in law and his brother they saved me if I was alone I probably would not be here. Now I only go out with a fishing partner. Hopefully we get some ice soon.

12 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I got out for the first ice trip yesterday. Small lake and the trout were eating! Felt great to get out! I didn’t see any signs of anyone else having fished it. Drove back up this morning and word is already out, 2 other guys out here now.

Pics man, pic's...  How much ice? :wwp:

1 minute ago, Redneck4Life said:

Been there before. Good luck fishing. Lake Champlain should have ice soon for pan fish and pike. Got a couple places lined up with a buddy for lakers. Should get good ice here soon.

I've been hoping for ice in the Champlain Islands, but this snow will screw up any ice that's already been made.  Guess we'll see.  Ice>snow

For  years and years  I spent hours and hours on the ice....I,m  getting too old  now ... My ice fishing  these days consists of  fishing a local private pond that is full of slab bluegills....I go perhaps 4 or 5 times each winter....

I dont have to walk more than 75 yards from my truck....Nothing better than big bluegills taken through the ice..