IGNORED

Technological Advances

Lawdwaz

On 3/31/2024 at 12:25 PM, Splitear said:

The most fun we had with those was when I was in High School our FFA would go to the national farm machinery show in Louisville. We’d sit in the bleachers of the tractor pull arena and trash talk other kids we didn’t know who had them. One guy would be running the radio while the rest of the eagle eyed scouts would be trying to figure out who the other group was. 

*shouting over the radio* you're daddy's so dumb and confused. when the shop mechanic held out his hand and said "hy-trans", your daddy shook his hand and said "Hi" instead of handing him the oil.

yes i'm going to hell. i knew this long before we made stroller sink holes with pitch forks at the county fair cattle barns and lowered fake spiders from the rafters with fishing line to scare city folk.
....and for convincing city folks passing through that the brown cows gave chocolate milk and the white cows gave white milk.

These are interesting. Remind me of the old Nextel phones. 

Think it costs $50 a yr for the service and a built in GPS is in the works.  

Don't know the cost of the radios.  Watched another video where there was zero cell service, but these worked.  

Nothing I would want, but I can see situations where they would be handy. 

Edited by mowin

I still have a set of Motorola XTN's for the rare occasion that I need them and a set of handheld CB's that I haven't broken out in decades.

My field crews use higher end Motorola's and Kenwood's for crew to crew contact, but when we are sending them into areas without cell signal we use a Garmin InReach. It allows them to send text messages via satellite and it has an SOS button and GPS locator in case of an emergency.  

20240403_161720.jpg