IGNORED

Favorite stand

Chef

1 hour ago, Rusty said:

Proof that you are getting old,  but I guess that beats the alternative!  :rofl:

And yes, I know that I'm even older.   :pout: 

You don’t know the half of it. During helping my wife with the 1,247 things she absolutely needed done today (including moving the snow blower from shed to garage), I built a redneck roof for my two man ladder stand. Poor Otsego County has no idea what’s coming. :)

4’x4’ pressure treated 5/8” plywood scrap I had with doubled over pond liner, also leftover. Same for spray paint. I added green and black later to the underside and the top is the liner. Support posts are 2x4x8 cut to length, also pressure treated and camo painted. I even screwed a hanger for binoculars or a grunt tube or what not. I had my cost to zero, but I need to splurge on 2 longer lag screws at Lowes tomorrow. The wife is happy because “more crap leaves our garage”. Happy wife, happy life! 

7DBA16FC-8A0A-4C31-AB55-2C1EC85BD70B.jpeg

98546169-2A45-4903-A013-3785A5FCF25A.jpeg

"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Anonymous 

https://www.troutscapes.com

https://nativefishcoalition.org/national-board

On 11/13/2022 at 3:47 PM, Rusty said:

That's the way I've been doing it for the past 10 years and it's just as successful as from a tree!   In addition, it's a lot easier and much more fun to be eye to eye!    

Definitely. We like to set up on ridges so still elevated to woods in in front of us but I can't tell you how many times deer have come over the ridge from behind and I could've reached out and touched them.

8 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I love a ladder stand, Im up and in in 15 seconds but for comfort nothing beats my Summit Viper once I am setup.

It’s more comfy then this ? Big chair , foot rest, arm rests ,large platform .

8 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

This weekend Im going to wish I had a sweet blind with a heater

I have two , my buddy is using the one we built on a trailer , and the farmer never mowed the field the other is in . I’ll probably only sit two hours or so , won’t be to bad on the ladder with my heated vest set to high .

407261EE-29B2-43C4-AC43-F253E214E75A.png

11 minutes ago, Nomad said:

It’s more comfy then this ? Big chair , foot rest, arm rests ,large platform .

I have two , my buddy is using the one we built on a trailer , and the farmer never mowed the field the other is in . I’ll probably only sit two hours or so , won’t be to bad on the ladder with my heated vest set to high .

407261EE-29B2-43C4-AC43-F253E214E75A.png

Thats a pretty sweet plum, and a far cry from the ladder stand I use the most. The ones on our new lease are pretty comfy with the mesh seats, @Don_C was kind enough to leave them behind!

59 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Whats their snow load rating?

Mine held Moog !

I’m going to Buffalo tomorrow to take Samantha’s ACs out of her windows, bring her, her shovel and a few other things , but her snow tires will stay unfortunately.

Hunker down !

Edited by Nomad

2 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I love a ladder stand, Im up and in in 15 seconds but for comfort nothing beats my Summit Viper once I am setup.

I am seriously thinking about a Viper (aluminum) for next bow season.  Ive never used a climber before hence Ive been hunting off the ground...  I have a steel Viper and have never tried it because it is too darn heavy... I know I wouldnt be able to lug it in.  

If I had a nickle for everytime Ive been busted by a deer during bow I could pay for the thing.  I have no problem finding deer and adjusting where I am going to be but for next year Id like to try to increase my odds a bit by getting off the ground