IGNORED

So how many KIAs and Hyundai are they stealing by you ?

Nomad

6 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

My brothers office managers Kia was stolen and taken for a joy ride, she got it back. Downtown Buffalo

She was lucky , if she got off with just a broken window ,and steering column . Normally they beat the crap out of them often smashing them up for fun and using them in other crimes . Guaranteed it was redlined at a minimum. I follow some crime report things on Twitter,basically live police scanner stuff, 4 or 5 kias with broken windows blowing red lights and racing  all over is common . They could keep mine ….

The other day at the PSB I’m sitting in chair next to the police desk so I hear all the peoples stories . One guy got his back too, but they never removed it from the hot sheet … he had all his paperwork and even the paperwork from the impound lot where he had to PAY TO GET HIS STOLEN  CAR BACK ! Towing fee plus storage WTF, you get robbed twice .

6 minutes ago, Nomad said:

She was lucky , if she got off with just a broken window ,and steering column . Normally they beat the crap out of them often smashing them up for fun and using them in other crimes . Guaranteed it was redlined at a minimum. I follow some crime report things on Twitter,basically live police scanner stuff, 4 or 5 kias with broken windows blowing red lights and racing  all over is common . They could keep mine ….

The other day at the PSB I’m sitting in chair next to the police desk so I hear all the peoples stories . One guy got his back too, but they never removed it from the hot sheet … he had all his paperwork and even the paperwork from the impound lot where he had to PAY TO GET HIS STOLEN  CAR BACK ! Towing fee plus storage WTF, you get robbed twice .

i'd be pissed and have it all over local news. i understand how shitty bail reform is for LEOs. Can't kick people when they're down though. for some their vehicle is their 2nd most valuable asset.

32 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Id go to the news with that story

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

hey, that’s where I live ! Fortunately the Bay, and Lake block two,of our boarders . Anytime something happens here , the Webster cops set up on 104 and Irondequoit sets up on the bridge , it’s a funnel a hunter could only dream of . 

My neighbor has plastic on the rear passenger side window of her Hyundai . I need to talk to her, that’s the window they break to enter the car to steal it . 

I heard from a Deputy that the even  East side towns that start with “ P “ are having at least one car stolen a night . The cops are all sick of the no chase policy as well, only the troopers chase , the criminals actually taunt the city cops driving passed them in the stolen cars and laughing ! 

They certainly are, My co workers Ford Escape was stolen from one of those P Towns a few weeks ago. He was caught a few days later after they found the vehicle totaled into a tree or guard rail(cant remember which) And inside the car was dozens of wallets and purses, cash, credit cards, drugs, needles and more.. And the car was 40 miles away from where it was stolen  when they found it. And of course, once arrested, they get released in this beautiful state we live in! It was the 3rd time he had been "caught" ..  

Want to be pissed off just read my link , as if Let ‘Em Grows post wasn’t upsetting enough . Dozens of stolen wallets and purses in a few days …..

Ive taken anything with my address out of our vehicles , ins card and reg are hidden the best I could , my garage door openers come and go with us and I’m thinking of separating our house keys from the car keys . At the gym my keys are now attached to my water bottle .

https://www.whec.com/top-news/local-business-owner-speaks-out-after-being-struck-by-multiple-burglaries/

BTW Elton st is two away from the firehouse I retired out of, it’s a “ nice “ neighborhood . Restaurants, craft breweries, art type places .

• 1 month later...
On 2/4/2023 at 9:45 AM, crappyice said:

I almost hate to ask but where is SUNY Rochester in relation to all this crap. My kid's best friend is playing baseball for them next year. Hobart plays them and we plan on visiting their game this spring-guess I should hope for it to be at Hobart 

There is no SUNY Rochester, so you should be good …

Theres Brockport, which is 40 minutes or more West of the city and a safe area, there’s also Geneseo in the county south of us , a very good school btw , you would not have much to fear in either of those .

I believe they’re up to about 450 stolen here so far this year .

12 hours ago, boo711 said:

My daughter got her Kia stolen today from the hospital parking lot. Worked a 6AM -6PM shift. Happened in daylight. Crazy. Came out to find just the glass from driver side window on the ground 

Sorry to hear . Generally they break the rear passenger side so if they pass a cop he doesn’t see the broken window . 

16 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Sorry to hear . Generally they break the rear passenger side so if they pass a cop he doesn’t see the broken window . 

Yeah pretty crazy.  Especially since it happened during the day. She said they got email last week saying another employee had their vehicle stolen. Was used in a crime and the police found it torched. Just glad she wasn’t around when it happened. 

Edited by boo711

Any parking lot with a sea of cars and predictable occupancy is a prime target.  Years ago, my wife got our car stolen from a church parking lot at a very high-end church.  Think about it, the hours people won't be in the lot are posted on the sign.  Back then they wanted the cars for the parts and the cars weren't that hard to hot wire if you knew the model and had right tools.  Plus they didn't have YouTube to teach every eight-year-old how to do it.   

They found my car by a high-speed chase and kid crashed it into sign.   I had to drive it back with a screwdriver jammed into ignition and I recall thinking this would be a good time to get pulled over.   I did get subpoena to court.  And I know what happened to the kid.  Basically, nothing as he was fifteen. 

And as the victim I got spend time, money and inconvenience.  

These Kias don't need a tool past a rock and pliers to hot wire.  And now they are being used to joy ride and commit other crimes mostly by youthful offenders that will suffer little consequence if even caught.   

1 hour ago, boo711 said:

Yeah pretty crazy.  Especially since it happened during the day. She said they got email last week saying another employee had their vehicle stolen. Was used in a crime and the police found it torched. Just glad she wasn’t around when it happened. 

It has to be scary just having your car stolen in the middle of the day.  Hopefully she had insurance.