IGNORED

Site logo discussion

nywaw

EDIT:  Split to discuss Site Logo approach with the members! :up:

Did the owner really take peoples money for merchandise and then ghost them?  If so that's terrible and might be a reason he went dark, hard to return and justify that after so long.

A member on the old NJ site took everyone's deer contest money one year and just ran away with it, never to return. 

Rest assured I'm the last person who would take peoples money and not be accountable.  We run a variety of contests on the NJ site where the site manages collection and awarding of the majority of prizes (members are incredibly generous with donations and also helping award/distribute them).  It's really a great group over there and I see a lot of similarities in the NY group the more I see, lots of good people just having fun and willing to help each other.  Good stuff! 

As an IT nerd:. He's just doing his job as moderator.  I don't think he's emotionally invested in the site, but forums etiquette is you don't post links advertising other sites.  I think he's as disappointed in the site owner as everyone else.  We've seen more support here in the past 3 days than that site got in 3 years.

But the truth is that site is dead he even did a ok job as a mod over there… why not just let it die and come over here. He could probably even mod
Over here

He could also steer the remaining members over here…. You know pull a @crappyice and just stab that wounded deer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did the owner really take peoples money for merchandise and then ghost them?  If so that's terrible and might be a reason he went dark, hard to return and justify that after so long.
A member on the old NJ site took everyone's deer contest money one year and just ran away with it, never to return. 

Rest assured I'm the last person who would take peoples money and not be accountable.  We run a variety of contests on the NJ site where the site manages collection and awarding of the majority of prizes (members are incredibly generous with donations and also helping award/distribute them).  It's really a great group over there and I see a lot of similarities in the NY group the more I see, lots of good people just having fun and willing to help each other.  Good stuff! 

Yes he promised T shirts…. Would you allow someone to make and sell
Some woods and water merch ?

6 minutes ago, Chef said:

Yes he promised T shirts…. Would you allow someone to make and sell
Some woods and water merch ?

Sure.  I'm not a merch guy, and honestly struggled to get it in place on NJW&W so help getting it together and out there would be welcome for the sites :up:

Sure.  I'm not a merch guy, and honestly struggled to get it in place on NJW&W so help getting it together and out there would be welcome for the sites :up:

If you have a logo or design for the Ny group I could look into it for sure…. I could do a small run of pre orders for anyone who was interested

Not even close to anything good but I figured I'd do a quick sketch to get y'all started.  That's supposed to be a buckhead, a turkey and a fish lmao. Hopefully you can make out the New York State silhouette.

If or maybe a crest shaped logo? I think if you have the New York State outline silhouetting the entire background in some kind of shading that would be cool. Or it could be in the shape of New York State with things inside. I like the circle idea because it encompasses life as a full circle. And what we do with the animals and harvesting them is one part of that circle. But it never ends. There's always something to be learned. Something to be taught and we continue to go around and round and round.

PXL_20221110_013059170.jpg

Palma non sine pulvere 

11 hours ago, NYRturkeycall said:

Not even close to anything good but I figured I'd do a quick sketch to get y'all started.  That's supposed to be a buckhead, a turkey and a fish lmao. Hopefully you can make out the New York State silhouette.

If or maybe a crest shaped logo? I think if you have the New York State outline silhouetting the entire background in some kind of shading that would be cool. Or it could be in the shape of New York State with things inside. I like the circle idea because it encompasses life as a full circle. And what we do with the animals and harvesting them is one part of that circle. But it never ends. There's always something to be learned. Something to be taught and we continue to go around and round and round.

PXL_20221110_013059170.jpg

Lot better than I could do.  But that turkey is jacked up... Lol.