IGNORED

Site logo discussion

nywaw

I think the New York has to be smaller and a different font. Maybe something script but not fancy. Woods and water in the New York State silhouette should also be thicker and a different font. But you get the idea. Nothing is to scale. I think all the animals should be on the same size and maybe the tracks a little smaller but I'm working with what I got right now, minus the scotch

PXL_20221110_154434420.jpg

Edited by NYRturkeycall
Otto suggestion for website

Palma non sine pulvere 

So a member of the NJ site created a new badging off the site's current logo to add to a sweatshirt and hat and I really like how it came out.  I'm thinking of updating and adapting the top of the logo (i.e. NJ to NY) to keep the sites in the same family of sites but also maybe try to incorporate something like the state outline, etc to give each their own identity.

What do you guys think?  I mainly like the core of the shield and how Woods & Water was incorporated at the bottom.  The top part where it is N and J is where I'd look to revise to make it NJ and NY specific, and possibly add a state outline somehow.

E419B4ED-8685-42B8-8DEA-4DF9F0242A8D.jpeg

2 minutes ago, nywaw said:

So a member of the NJ site created a new badging off the site's current logo to add to a sweatshirt and hat and I really like how it came out.  I'm thinking of updating and adapting the top of the logo (i.e. NJ to NY) to keep the sites in the same family of sites but also maybe try to incorporate something like the state outline, etc to give each their own identity.

What do you guys think?  I mainly like the core of the shield and how Woods & Water was incorporated at the bottom.  The top part where it is N and J is where I'd look to revise to make it NJ and NY specific, and possibly add a state outline somehow.

E419B4ED-8685-42B8-8DEA-4DF9F0242A8D.jpeg

The middle to the top of the j just becomes a Y and you can still keep the hook. The top of the y can be incorporated going across the right side of the n and towards the left antlers... I like the idea of the state outline also

Palma non sine pulvere 

The other aspect with adding a lot of things to a logo is when you shrink it to the actual size it needs to be on a website, it gets crammed together.  So there is a branding aspect to smaller footprints (where simplistic badging may be more effective) and then larger footprints (clothes and other merchandise) where you have more real estate and those little details can be more visible and eye catching.  I like the stuff you guys are putting together, nice ideas!

1 minute ago, nywaw said:

The other aspect with adding a lot of things to a logo is when you shrink it to the actual size it needs to be on a website, it gets crammed together.  So there is a branding aspect to smaller footprints (where simplistic badging may be more effective) and then larger footprints (clothes and other merchandise) where you have more real estate and those little details can be more visible and eye catching.  I like the stuff you guys are putting together, nice ideas!

I tried to keep it mostly simplistic for that reason, Obviously these are just thrown together during my free time at work and could probably be improved a bit :)

I have the NJ member who did the badging putting together some concept revisions, will share them once they are refined and we can see what you guys may feel is missing or off.  Key factors are trying to keep the Woods & Water element to keep the family of sites identifiable, while also giving NJ and NY their own identity.  We'll see what he comes up with :)