IGNORED

I Want A New Choke Tube

DirtTime

1 hour ago, Lawdwaz said:

Just remember, no peeking.   Keep your cheek on the stock.   

So you're saying don't just point the shotgun in the general area and let loose? 

34 minutes ago, mowin said:

That's a decent pattern at 35y.  You going to try TSS? 

20-30 yards was better, 15 looks like possible decapitation. Under 10 is surely going to take the bird's head off. No TSS, I'm done buying ammo for this gun for a while.

I don't feed trolls.

2 hours ago, DirtTime said:

No pictures but Win. Longbeard 3" #5 won the pattern war. To be honest, the Win. DX #4, LB #5, and Federal high brass #6 (all 3") weren't very far off from one another out to 35 yards. The #5 and #6 were close enough that both had very close to the same amount of pellets in the head neck area- #5 had 23 and the #6 had 20. The #4 weren't far behind with 17. So really any of them will get the job done as long as a tom gets dumb enough to get in range for me.

Not sure how much I like the red dot mounted on the barrel. It's a different line of sight that's for sure.

I love having a reflex sight on the rib. I would have to imagine a red dot on the rib would be very awkward to look through. The thin sides of the reflex make it almost unnoticeable I can’t imagine it’s the same with a red dot.

is there a reason you went with a rail mount instead of it being mounted on the receiver?

53 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

So you're saying don't just point the shotgun in the general area and let loose? 

It's very common for turkey hunters to be looking down the barrel and just prior to pulling the trigger to lift their head and  "take a peek".  Usually you end up shooting over them.........I know this from experience.  :)

1 hour ago, Lawdwaz said:

It's very common for turkey hunters to be looking down the barrel and just prior to pulling the trigger to lift their head and  "take a peek".  Usually you end up shooting over them.........I know this from experience.  :)

Oh yeah! Me as well.  

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge. 

5 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I love having a reflex sight on the rib. I would have to imagine a red dot on the rib would be very awkward to look through. The thin sides of the reflex make it almost unnoticeable I can’t imagine it’s the same with a red dot.

is there a reason you went with a rail mount instead of it being mounted on the receiver?

Not all of the 320's are drilled and tapped. The receiver on the gun isn't scope ready and I sort of detest those saddle mounts. So this was the option I went with. It's not a full-size red dot, it's a micro model, it's pretty small. It's just taking time to get used to a scope being that far from my eye.

5 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

Oh, I know, I have never said I haven't missed a turkey. I'm hoping the addition of the scope will keep that out of the equation. Just like any other scope if your head isn't in the right spot you will know because FOV through the scope will be off. I'm finding that to be more so having the scope on the barrel and close to 17" from my eye.

I don't feed trolls.

I've got a saddle mount for my 1187.  Burris FF3 on top.  Yes if I try to take a  quick shot, my cheek will instinctively bury itself and I won't see the red dot, but realistically, how often is that going to happen? 

Killed enough birds to let one go if it's going to be a quick shot.