IGNORED

Anyone Else Have This Problem? HuntingNY is down

blackbeltbill

5 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Hard to believe it's only 3 months+ away!  

For me deer season is about year round with everything to do but now is the slowest time.   Can't do much now til August for some trail mowing and seeding.

Just a smidge over (2) months, until our early antlerless gun season, here in WNY.  I’m going to do my best to try to fill both of my tags.  I’m not going to be fussy with my tags.  

As long as they are antlerless, offer clean shots, and I have room in my deer fridge, I’m shooting.  

I’ve got just a little stand and blind work left to complete.  Just some plywood swing out shutters for my truck cap blind, and maybe place a hang on near my pond at home.  Over at my parents, I need to move my trailer park ladder stand, a hundred yards or so, and put a new chair on it.  

Both places need quite a bit of food plot work.  I’m going to try oats at home in late July (where my early RR corn planting failed), and turnips in both places then.  Each will also get wheat/white clover mix in early September.   

4 minutes ago, Wolc123 said:

Just a smidge over (2) months, until our early antlerless gun season, here in WNY.  I’m going to do my best to try to fill both of my tags.  I’m not going to be fussy with my tags.  

As long as they are antlerless, offer clean shots, and I have room in my deer fridge, I’m shooting.  

I’ve got just a little stand and blind work left to complete.  Just some plywood swing out shutters for my truck cap blind, and maybe place a hang on near my pond at home.  Over at my parents, I need to move my trailer park ladder stand, a hundred yards or so, and put a new chair on it.  

Both places need quite a bit of food plot work.  I’m going to try oats at home in late July (where my early RR corn planting failed), and turnips in both places then.  Each will also get wheat/white clover mix in early September.   

That area you seeded last year I remember looked great. 

No early season here. But I need to work on finding a good early season goose spot, def a goal for next year.  I'm not much on the early season for deer so this year going to try to get some fish in the freezer instead of hunting those warm days.  Plus I haven't done very well so far this spring on the lake.  Been out like only three times and it hasn't been very productive.  And this weekend looks like a wash out.  

"it's pointless for humans to paint scenes of nature when they can go outside and stand in it"- Ron Swanson