IGNORED

Modified / Un-Modified Crossbow Permit

GreeneHunter

34 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

I wonder how many people will slide the doc a couple of Bens to be able to suck on a crossbow for the whole bow season.

I'm pretty sure you still have to follow the base rules for where you can and can't use a crossbow. 

I'm going to have my doctor sign mine for free on Friday! As I legitimately have a number of reasons why I can't comfortably pull back my bow. Will I miss hunting with my bow? Absolutely! Will I feel guilty using a crossbow all of archery season? Not one bit!!! I'm still in the hunt! 

6 minutes ago, grampy said:

I'm going to have my doctor sign mine for free on Friday! As I legitimately have a number of reasons why I can't comfortably pull back my bow. Will I miss hunting with my bow? Absolutely! Will I feel guilty using a crossbow all of archery season? Not one bit!!! I'm still in the hunt! 

Same here. I see my doc end of the month. I have no doubt he will sign it.  I'm down to 42 lbs on my PSE, and only good for 4-6 shots max while practicing. Add in the  excitement, added clothing and sitting for a few hrs, and just getting the bow drawn once is challenging. 

i'm not so sure you can make the assumption that you can use a crossbow in those WMU's it's coded into law what can and can't be used do to safety. these crossbow permits are being regulated based on ADA. probably should call NY DEC Special Licenses to verify that before you hit the woods with a crossbow and get a ticket and/or arrested.

17 minutes ago, grampy said:

6 minutes ago, mowin said:

Same here. I see my doc end of the month. I have no doubt he will sign it.  I'm down to 42 lbs on my PSE, and only good for 4-6 shots max while practicing. Add in the  excitement, added clothing and sitting for a few hrs, and just getting the bow drawn once is challenging. 

hopefully it doesn't take the full 45 days for DEC to approve it.

That’s awesome Biz, I’m definitely doing this for next year  .

I go to Tenn the end part of Oct to visit friends near Knoxville,then hunt with my nephew the first week or so of Nov. returning when it’s crossbow here anyways . So I won’t be bow hunting much this year a few times early oct and passing up pretty much everything.

43 minutes ago, Nomad said:

That’s awesome Biz, I’m definitely doing this for next year  .

I go to Tenn the end part of Oct to visit friends near Knoxville,then hunt with my nephew the first week or so of Nov. returning when it’s crossbow here anyways . So I won’t be bow hunting much this year a few times early oct and passing up pretty much everything.

Don't remind me! I asked to come with you to Tenn to hunt 17 times already!

3 hours ago, grampy said:

I was referring to the clowns who will take advantage of this, not guys like you grampy. 

I don't feed trolls.