IGNORED

The Plot Begins II

ZAG

you putting a seasonal fall plot in there or going to do a perennial?  either way i would frost seed that well with some clover this spring to get it established. 

Edited by Robhuntandfish

"it's pointless for humans to paint scenes of nature when they can go outside and stand in it"- Ron Swanson

On 2/2/2023 at 7:32 AM, ZAG said:

Talked to my dad last night, said he took the 4wheeler back to see the progress and said their had to be 15-20 deer in it. I like it!! They already found it and it ain’t even growing green yet!

It's funny how nosy deer can be.  I've been out on the tractor cutting wood and have had deer come in to see what I was doing.

Great day to be in the woods. Sun 43 degrees!! Plots looking good, one brush pile I’d like to be moved otherwise looking good.

Still tossing around redneck location. Part of me wants it off the plot to make it easier to enter/exit but that also limits it to mainly a gun stand. Also though about a couple ladder stands on the east end for bow/xbow and if weather is bad I can also sneak into the blind to warm up, eat and head back to stand. 

082BB726-8062-47F7-A984-B63BB8CF104C.jpeg

312A687D-2ED7-45BD-A816-231FB243F50C.jpeg

25C49A33-FD30-408E-AB83-75EF137A3130.jpeg

41 minutes ago, mowin said:

They love the buds they normally couldn't reach.  

Glad this is a mild winter since most areas had a poor mast crop. 

100%, we have had zero acorns for 2 yrs now. I’m hoping this year these oaks are throwing up mass amounts of acorns.

sometimes felling trees during really bad winters is the best thing you can do for deer so that they can reach those buds. This year has been so mild I'm worried my deer will get too fat haha.

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"

Luke 6:31 and Matthew 7:12

7 minutes ago, KungFu Tolkien said:

seems like that might not happen this winter as crazy as it sounds. what a weird winter its been.

Bizarre 4 sure. I’m strategizing plan B for spring planting. If spring is really wet he may not get in till mid summer. So im thinking about what I can maybe frost seed to get something still growing while we wait.

• 1 month later...

Well it doesn’t look like dozer will make it in till summer probably. So at this point I plan on frost seeding an annual clover this weekend. 
Im just looking for a temp plot to give them food and get them use to it. Once dozer work is done mid summer then plant for fall. 
Should I be looking to add anything else as a temp plot?