IGNORED

Big Bore AR

dbHunterNY

4 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

Cuomo and mostly Hochul can thank themselves for my AR enjoyment. I always wanted them but I probably wouldn't have gotten into them without their actions of trying to ban them. They went from being low on the want list, to a need it now or may never have it situation.  then Biden stimulus bucks was icing on the cake to start paying for it. the thing is i know others that had done and/or will do the same. because of them i'm now in the "why not get just one more gun" camp.

You are not alone ! I know at least a dozen guys that spent evey dime of stimulus checks on guns and ammo LOL

Caliber.jpeg

because it's been a long wait and will still be a long wait for parts to get the complete upper...
here's a picture of what the upper will look like with slight changes. the charging handle with be a Springfield LevAR model in case I get an of those straight wall 450 cases stuck in the chamber (ratchet feature that pulls the case). The brake if I don't axe that to stay featureless with detachable mag will be run of the mill black cerakote. The barrel will be H-293 Cerakote color which is Vortex Bronze (example of two colors together in picture below). i'm likely putting my Vortex Viper PST GenII 1-6x24 with built in red dot on top.

0N2A08028__90795.jpg

vortex bronze.JPG

Edited by dbHunterNY
more details

17 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

Cuomo and mostly Hochul can thank themselves for my AR enjoyment. I always wanted them but I probably wouldn't have gotten into them without their actions of trying to ban them. They went from being low on the want list, to a need it now or may never have it situation.  then Biden stimulus bucks was icing on the cake to start paying for it. the thing is i know others that had done and/or will do the same. because of them i'm now in the "why not get just one more gun" camp.

100% agreed! Same here! 

3 hours ago, DirtTime said:

All this talk isn't good for me. I spent a few hours yesterday looking at lowers, again. 

Good because of your PSA link I spent more money. lol had to order another LevAR charging handle. 33% discount from Springfield Armory's site and I haven't seen them anywhere else. at $60 its about the cost of other fancy ones that don't do nearly as much. ....but yea while I was there I got some more rail/mount components for the others. 

I need another foreword grip (maybe two), was looking at charging handles, a light that runs on AAA or at least a mount to hold 1&1/2" diameter flashlight, but got sidetracked. Have a bunch of items to sell before I go even a little nuts again :doh2:.

I don't feed trolls.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So my intent was to get an upper from atheris rifle Co. Down right painful wait. Supposedly they were dealing with issues  outsourcing the machining for their badged parts. Their supplier was giving them the shaft instead of their order. Veteran owned mom and pop shop so I'm not giving them a hard time. Parts cerakoted that need to be and upper is built minus the handguard as part of their outsourcing giving them grief. I'm thinking there should've been enough time that it should be complete and heading my by end of this week.

Meanwhile I've got some more parts for the rest of it that isn't being held hostage. lol

20230430_080014.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
16 hours ago, DirtTime said:

Is this rig built yet or what? Almost 6 months seems a bit excessive for parts. :mellow:

excessive is not the word i'd use and you're being nice. I ordered this 450 Bushmaster upper from Atheris Rifle Co back on December 1st. I was told at least 10 weeks for a lead time.  It's a very small veteran owned business (3+ employees post covid when i ordered) that supposedly turns out high quality uppers, built to order. Newer company less than 10 years old. They out source certain parts to get made with their badging on them which is allegedly the reason for their long lead times. They aren't a scam and they're a real shop from what I can tell.  Honestly, I think they just suck at running a business well. Don't or can't order what they need in large enough quantities to stay ahead of orders. Over their head with running things and under staffed. idk. idc. I just want my upper at this point. I could've and probably should've built one myself and had it a long time ago, even with sending stuff out to a cerakote shop around here. I can cope with and accept long lead time despite over twice as long as original 10 weeks.  I've emailed the owner and customer service (his mom!) throughout the process to check in on status. Always responsive and respectful. The last couple emails though didn't add up and weren't consistent with what I'd been told via email. That's caused me to now start to lose my shit. I respectfully called them out on the BS and last part (a shipment of badged bolt carriers) should be "in any day now".

3 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

excessive is not the word i'd use and you're being nice. I ordered this 450 Bushmaster upper from Atheris Rifle Co back on December 1st. I was told at least 10 weeks for a lead time.  It's a very small veteran owned business (3+ employees post covid when i ordered) that supposedly turns out high quality uppers, built to order. Newer company less than 10 years old. They out source certain parts to get made with their badging on them which is allegedly the reason for their long lead times. They aren't a scam and they're a real shop from what I can tell.  Honestly, I think they just suck at running a business well. Don't or can't order what they need in large enough quantities to stay ahead of orders. Over their head with running things and under staffed. idk. idc. I just want my upper at this point. I could've and probably should've built one myself and had it a long time ago, even with sending stuff out to a cerakote shop around here. I can cope with and accept long lead time despite over twice as long as original 10 weeks.  I've emailed the owner and customer service (his mom!) throughout the process to check in on status. Always responsive and respectful. The last couple emails though didn't add up and weren't consistent with what I'd been told via email. That's caused me to now start to lose my shit. I respectfully called them out on the BS and last part (a shipment of badged bolt carriers) should be "in any day now".

Sure sounds like something is a miss. I hope it all gets sorted so you can finish up your rifle.

I don't feed trolls.

• 1 month later...

So I got everything for the upper aside from the muzzle brake and jam nuts. Pretty disappointing as Atheris Rifle didn't mention it was something missing. It's supposedly a few weeks out.

Coming along nicely though. I did a trigger job on a kit milspec trigger. Crisp break but can't take off anymore material to get rid of the travel roughness. So I've got a trigger tech drop in coming with some anti rotating and walking pins. Went fixed permanent mag. As i want features and it only holds 5 in mag anyway. Gotta get at least a threaded muzzle cap to do some function testing.

20230630_003334.jpg

20230630_003759.jpg

Been tinkering a little. Upper seems to fit as well as it's going to with the quick pins so I staked the castle nut. Also the 90 throw safety that was in a Rise Armament kit I felt would hit my thumb under recoil. Picked up and added a 45/90 throw Radian Talon safety that should be better.

20230702_105705.jpg

20230702_105419.jpg