IGNORED

Initial Site Suggestions

nywaw

I wanted to fire up a topic for all the members to give some insights into what you'd like to see here, any additions or changes, etc.  Lots of work ahead, will be a bunch of updates coming and features added over time but member input is always essential to make a site it's best! :up:

Let us know what you think!

3 minutes ago, Otto said:

Harvest threads will be popular.  Sorted by take method....

On NJW&W, members tend to post these in the target hunting species forum (i.e. Deer Hunting, Turkey Hunting, etc).  Did you guys have an alternate way you preferred to do this?

7 minutes ago, mowin said:

Who are the moderator's? Or is that something you're working on? 

Working on that, but it's open to members.  I don't know any of you well enough yet to know who would be a good moderator, so it's an area I'm open to suggestions.  Generally, as we see the site start to grow, certain users are most active and present and show interest in being moderators.  I think it will all come together as the site continues to grow!  Are you interested? :up:

1 minute ago, mowin said:

How about sub sections in the deer hunting forum?  Bowhunting, gun hunting, crossbow. Although I'd rather see xbow in with bowhunting, but I know others would like them separated. 

Yeah this has been a challenge on the NJ site too, there's a lot of crossover.  I was thinking about starting this one with high level forums and seeing how the topics start to evolve and creating subs as needed once I see the patterns of use.  We can see what others think too, once this site gets rolling and we start getting more feedback, it will come together.

1 minute ago, Rusty said:

Do not let him use any of the moderators from the NJ site!  What a bunch of clowns!  :shakehead:  

That @Rusty guy over there is trouble for sure!  Not sure he's ever killed a deer, he uses a hydraulic splitter to chop his wood, his woodpiles look like I dropped a box of toothpicks on the floor, and I'm pretty sure he only drinks Coors Light. :eek: :rofl:

Welcome buddy!  Great to see you here! :up:

1 minute ago, nywaw said:

Working on that, but it's open to members.  I don't know any of you well enough yet to know who would be a good moderator, so it's an area I'm open to suggestions.  Generally, as we see the site start to grow, certain users are most active and present and show interest in being moderators.  I think it will all come together as the site continues to grow!  Are you interested? :up:

Yeah this has been a challenge on the NJ site too, there's a lot of crossover.  I was thinking about starting this one with high level forums and seeing how the topics start to evolve and creating subs as needed once I see the patterns of use.  We can see what others think too, once this site gets rolling and we start getting more feedback, it will come together.

I have zero experience as a moderator, but I would be willing learn, or to help out. 

Just now, nywaw said:

That @Rusty guy over there is trouble for sure!  Not sure he's ever killed a deer, he uses a hydraulic splitter to chop his wood, his woodpiles look like I dropped a box of toothpicks on the floor, and I'm pretty sure he only drinks Coors Light. :eek: :rofl:

Welcome buddy!  Great to see you here! :up:

Ok, so I'm assuming he was busting chops.