IGNORED

Initial Site Suggestions

nywaw

25 minutes ago, Nontypical said:

I made a post in the Live from the woods thread. But on the other site we had a Harvest thread for different weapons. We would usually post there as well and it would contain more details about the hunt, as opposed to a short update while in the woods. Maybe we can create one and move my post to that thread? Especially since my post was anything but live, and a week old? Thanks. 

I split your post and replies into their own topic so you can see how we normally do it on the other site but I'm open to suggestions if you guys are used to a different format and prefer it.

https://www.nywoodsandwater.com/forums/topic/19-10272022-154-buck-down/

6 minutes ago, Otto said:

We may need to learn a few new things on the new site.  I’m ok with that, it doesn’t need to be a carbon copy of HNY.  As a matter of fact, I hope it’s not…..I don’t see a political section AND I HOPE IT STAYS THAT WAY! 

There is a politics section here:

https://www.nywoodsandwater.com/forums/forum/46-news-media-and-politics/

What we do on the NJ site is have a single monthly Political Discussion topic that is visible on the front page (main landing page) while all other topics in that politics forum are not.  We found politics was taking over the front page at times and it's a hunting, fishing and outdoors site so we didn't want politics dominating it.  We also don't want members to feel like their speech was being suppressed so this approach was the best balance.  

12 minutes ago, nywaw said:

I split your post and replies into their own topic so you can see how we normally do it on the other site but I'm open to suggestions if you guys are used to a different format and prefer it.

https://www.nywoodsandwater.com/forums/topic/19-10272022-154-buck-down/

Thank you. I hope that you don’t mind that I edited the title slightly. I tied to pm you first but I guess I need more posts. 

3 minutes ago, Nontypical said:

Thank you. I hope that you don’t mind that I edited the title slightly. I tied to pm you first but I guess I need more posts. 

No worries!  I consider it your post so edit away! ::):

Yeah the PM thing is due to spammers.  There's a bug in Tapatalk that lets spammers join despite failing a spam check.  They like to PM members for sale or want to buy spam so it's hidden from view.  This forces them to post first so we can catch the spam and ban before they can PM anyone.  

3 minutes ago, Belo said:

Would like a land management / food plot section and cooking /recipes section

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is both already...one is just labeled"Kitchen" the other is "Wildlife habitat". 

"it's pointless for humans to paint scenes of nature when they can go outside and stand in it"- Ron Swanson

Just now, crappyice said:

Any chance there can be a "dislike" button so when people say they love hunting the mornings of a full moon or just for racks or they bacon wrapped sous vide venison and then smoke it I can simply click a "dislike" button

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can add that.  There's a disagree but not a dislike currently.