IGNORED

What Are You Reading

Splitear

5 hours ago, biggamefish said:

Hey finally got around to checking the books I have. 2 you have either read or are reading. One that isn't pictured here is THE GREEN HILLS OF AFRICA, Ernest Hemingway. Great book. Jim Corbett is good too.

20221211_093816.jpg

Yeah, all excellent.  I randomly read Jim Corbett's Omnibus when I was 14 and it blew my mind.  That man went through some sh!t

• 3 weeks later...

I have 2 going right now:

1: After watching one of @OldBrian’s videos, I picked up a copy of “Foxfire” and I’ve just cleared the introduction. I’m looking forward to reading this a little at a time.

2. I’m about 1/4 of the way through Stephen King’s “Dreamcatcher”. I’ve never read this one after seeing mixed reviews, but I’m glad I finally jumped into it. About 4 lifelong friends who get trapped at deer camp during an alien invasion (I think). Like most King books, it’s very character driven with the scary stuff acting as an antagonist behind them. Really good stuff is anyone is looking for a winter read. 

A0B9EFD4-BC7D-4EFE-943A-E2C99ABD33A7.jpeg

8D0C7974-2894-4FA9-85EF-C17CE349A2CD.jpeg

2 hours ago, Splitear said:

I have 2 going right now:

1: After watching one of @OldBrian’s videos, I picked up a copy of “Foxfire” and I’ve just cleared the introduction. I’m looking forward to reading this a little at a time.

2. I’m about 1/4 of the way through Stephen King’s “Dreamcatcher”. I’ve never read this one after seeing mixed reviews, but I’m glad I finally jumped into it. About 4 lifelong friends who get trapped at deer camp during an alien invasion (I think). Like most King books, it’s very character driven with the scary stuff acting as an antagonist behind them. Really good stuff is anyone is looking for a winter read. 

A0B9EFD4-BC7D-4EFE-943A-E2C99ABD33A7.jpeg

8D0C7974-2894-4FA9-85EF-C17CE349A2CD.jpeg

I put dreamcatcher down after about a zillion pages. It reminded me of the talisman, another one of his I couldnt get through. Also what was the insomnia one? Same deal

7 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I put dreamcatcher down after about a zillion pages. It reminded me of the talisman, another one of his I couldnt get through. Also what was the insomnia one? Same deal

I haven’t done The Talisman, but have heard that about it, a lot of people DNF. Same with some of the reviews of Dreamcatcher, which is why I have avoided it.

I listened to Insomnia while driving to and from Maine, and kind of enjoyed it, it certainly picked up at the end, and had a good connection to The Dark Tower world. 

I got this late Christmas  Present from my Sister.

OLIVIA Newton-John-- Don't  Stop Believing 

Originally  printed in 2018. I have the Paperback/2021 Edition. 

It is hard to put this Book Down!

Olivia also Signed the Authors Page and,I will show that pic 1 post below.

My Book arrived Late. If you want one that is possibly  Signed- move quick on it.

I also have around 9 of her Albums and anyone who reads my content will see Olivia's  picture.

20230103_193857.jpg

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge. 

• 6 months later...

Been a while since I updated any of my reading. I really got into westerns and back into some horror (my favorite genre) for a while. I’m about 25% into Dan Simmons “The Crook Factory”, a historical fiction based on Hemingway’s hunt for Nazis in Cuba during WWII. Very entertaining so far.

I’ve also started the 2nd book in the Bill Hodges trilogy “Finders Keepers” by Stephen King on audiobook. King is my favorite storyteller, and has made the drive back and forth to Southern Illinois much more enjoyable over the past week.

IMG_3610.jpeg

IMG_3611.png

Cleaning up,I just found this Book.  PHEASANTS  Of The Mind.

Going to read this Book Quick again. I have a Signed copy here by the Author- Datus Proper.

Been hunting Pheasants since 1974. 2023 Marks my 50th year of Pheasant  Hunting. Never Gets Old.

20230709_060951.jpg

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
20 hours ago, Otto said:

I read River King this summer.  I looked for some of his other books and could not find any.  Could you ask him where I can buy some? 

Will do. I know he sells and signs books at the January Fly Fishing Show in Edison. 

"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Anonymous 

https://www.troutscapes.com

https://nativefishcoalition.org/national-board

• 2 months later...