IGNORED

Watcha Eatin?

Robhuntandfish

39 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

I'm leaving myself open for ridicule here. Wife made dinner. Cheeseburger hamburger helper....

It's with my ground venison I made this year that's lean vension and grade A5 BMS 9+ Wagyu beef fat. it was great but don't judge! Kids ate it and they've been picky lately. HAHAHA

20230124_173150.jpg

No ridicule here... that is comfort food!

1 hour ago, dbHunterNY said:

I'm leaving myself open for ridicule here. Wife made dinner. Cheeseburger hamburger helper....

It's with my ground venison I made this year that's lean vension and grade A5 BMS 9+ Wagyu beef fat. it was great but don't judge! Kids ate it and they've been picky lately. HAHAHA

20230124_173150.jpg

One of our new favorite camp meals is to brown up 1/2 pack of bacon, cooked venison ground in the fat, make boxed Mac and cheese with some added velvetta and combine....so good and bad at the same time!!!

12 minutes ago, crappyice said:

One of our new favorite camp meals is to brown up 1/2 pack of bacon, cooked venison ground in the fat, make boxed Mac and cheese with some added velvetta and combine....so good and bad at the same time!!!

In prior years I'd grind venison with bulk bacon ends at 4:1 ratio. This year I was convinced to try this high end beef fat. Despite the fat costs over twice as much as bacon it's still reasonable per lb when you're all said and done.

3 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

20230124_173150.jpg

I lived off this in college. A buddys Dad brought us venison all the time and we made this regularly.  It was this and Arby's beef he brought home from a PT  job there every night . 

Edited by Robhuntandfish

"it's pointless for humans to paint scenes of nature when they can go outside and stand in it"- Ron Swanson