IGNORED

Watcha Eatin?

Robhuntandfish

7 minutes ago, crappyice said:

I need not only the recipe but also a spot on your  (or @Robhuntandfish) boat!

looks amazng

Meet me at the Marion manor marina at daylight any Fri or Sat in June!  

Bring a cooler

Edited by Robhuntandfish

"it's pointless for humans to paint scenes of nature when they can go outside and stand in it"- Ron Swanson

First off, if Crappyice comes to wny we are going to have to invest some time nymping local waters before we hit the big pond, but you always are welcome on my vessel. RobHuntFish has those eyes dialed in for a guaranteed box, but there is a chance you could catch 1 fish holding more weight in fillets on our pond.... big waves, big fish

Stupid easy recipe:

Chunk up walleye in 1/2" ish pieces

Fry in salted butter

Let cool and keep your grubby mits of the fish ! NO TASTE TESTING!!

Coating/sauce - which I 100% used too much....so go easy

Couple globs of Mayo

A few dashs of Old bay seasoning

Squirt of Sriracha 

Couple squirts of Frank's hot sauce

Some chopped green onion

Some chopped celery

Dash of black pepper

Rolls are CRUCIAL !

Top cut brioche, cut the sides off/squared and apply a little mayo, pan fry sides

Let cool

Mix in walleye with sauce, don't go full monty like I did. Just barely coat fish. 

Load those rolls up and apply a squirt of fresh lemon juice 

Send it

If you cared, here's a bonus recipe for the deer poppers

Steaks- cut into bite sized pieces

Marinate in Italian dressing, brown sugar and Frank's hot sauce

Bacon- I like to pre cook mine to the point where it's still pliable because I like a little crunch more than I like a little rubber

Wrap up 1 banana pepper and a slice of mushroom with the steak, toothpick to hold

Side note- my wife keeps mentioning substituting or adding a roasted red pepper slice but i haven't done it yet.....

Bake 450 for under 10 min. The bacon will be black before the steak is over cooked so it's done when the bacon looks done. 

Send it. 

If these recipes are used, please report back. If it's not amazing you did it wrong. 

9 hours ago, treeguy said:

First off, if Crappyice comes to wny we are going to have to invest some time nymping local waters before we hit the big pond, but you always are welcome on my vessel. RobHuntFish has those eyes dialed in for a guaranteed box, but there is a chance you could catch 1 fish holding more weight in fillets on our pond.... big waves, big fish

Stupid easy recipe:

Chunk up walleye in 1/2" ish pieces

Fry in salted butter

Let cool and keep your grubby mits of the fish ! NO TASTE TESTING!!

Coating/sauce - which I 100% used too much....so go easy

Couple globs of Mayo

A few dashs of Old bay seasoning

Squirt of Sriracha 

Couple squirts of Frank's hot sauce

Some chopped green onion

Some chopped celery

Dash of black pepper

Rolls are CRUCIAL !

Top cut brioche, cut the sides off/squared and apply a little mayo, pan fry sides

Let cool

Mix in walleye with sauce, don't go full monty like I did. Just barely coat fish. 

Load those rolls up and apply a squirt of fresh lemon juice 

Send it

If you cared, here's a bonus recipe for the deer poppers

Steaks- cut into bite sized pieces

Marinate in Italian dressing, brown sugar and Frank's hot sauce

Bacon- I like to pre cook mine to the point where it's still pliable because I like a little crunch more than I like a little rubber

Wrap up 1 banana pepper and a slice of mushroom with the steak, toothpick to hold

Side note- my wife keeps mentioning substituting or adding a roasted red pepper slice but i haven't done it yet.....

Bake 450 for under 10 min. The bacon will be black before the steak is over cooked so it's done when the bacon looks done. 

Send it. 

If these recipes are used, please report back. If it's not amazing you did it wrong. 

Oneida lake is the best walleye lake in NY now!  Limit is now upped to 5 and can get out there most everyday without feeling like your on the Andrea Gail. Come at me!  Lol

The trip to Erie was awesome.  Caught my biggest walleye in many years in the first pass on the big water.  Highlight of the trip was definitely the company but the fishing was great too.  Pretty sure that first fish I dropped wouldve been the boat winner. 

I will def try this recipe above! Thanks! This weekend is walleye cheek scampi time!  

And you better get the Nypho in the wet more this summer.  

"it's pointless for humans to paint scenes of nature when they can go outside and stand in it"- Ron Swanson

On 12/29/2022 at 9:40 PM, Moog5050 said:

No pics (I know it’s wrong)but for anyone near Rochester you have to try mashawee at Basha if you like Mediterranean meats.   Huge dish of 4 diffeeent types of Lebanese meats with rice and beans.  Out of this world.  

the babaganoush and grape leaves were excellent too

I was tasked with ordering Basha tonight so I got the Moog special.  Unbelievable flavors in that dish… and that’s only half of it on my plate.   Solid recommendation! 

8355197F-A197-4235-997A-84D699435639.jpeg

Edited by JohnPlav