IGNORED

Watcha Eatin?

Robhuntandfish

19 minutes ago, 2BuckBizCT said:

Disneyworld (Florida), not Disneyland (California). We didn’t want to eat junk 7 days in a row, so 60 days in advance we booked all our reservations the first morning we could before they sold out. 

My wife is a travel agent that specializes in Disney. she's adamant about doing stuff like this. You could easily go there and have over priced chicken tenders or similar often, or you can seek out really delicious food.

24 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

My wife is a travel agent that specializes in Disney. she's adamant about doing stuff like this. You could easily go there and have over priced chicken tenders or similar often, or you can seek out really delicious food.

It was stressful that morning! As you’re booking dinner reservations exactly 60 days in advance you seem they disappearing as fast as you can book. Then factor in you need a park ticket to eat at those restaurants, so you gotta plan it all out. But certainly worth it 

9 hours ago, 2BuckBizCT said:

It was stressful that morning! As you’re booking dinner reservations exactly 60 days in advance you seem they disappearing as fast as you can book. Then factor in you need a park ticket to eat at those restaurants, so you gotta plan it all out. But certainly worth it 

I will say that that I was pretty impressed with the food at Disney, when my wife talked me into taking  our kids there for a week, quite a few years ago.  We went in mid-September and they gave us the food plan, as a free added incentive.

All of the theme parks had some decent high-end food joints.   Some of the foreign food in Epcot was real good, as were the  beers.  

One night, we did a character dinner in a big  hotel.  They had scallops , lobster, fillet mignon etc., all of which was as good as I have had anywhere else.  I also liked the Liberty tavern (I think) in Magic kingdom, for good, home/style American food.  

The rides and rest of the place didn’t do much for me and I’d only go back again if the free food was part of the deal.  I liked the African park the best, but Epcot had the best food.  The big seafood place there was especially good.  

22 hours ago, 2BuckBizCT said:

She does all things Disney. Disney world is her wheel house including the food. Knows where all the best snacks are and how to work in the food to your favor. Like if you have an early dining reservation you can get in before a park technically is even open. Tusker House breakfast is our favorite at Animal Kingdom. Kids meet disney characters. South African food. Plus if you book it right you can be eating breakfast and then they start switching over to south african lunch too.

Back log...

Yesterday had stew leftover from gun club game dinner.  It had goose, venison, and rabbit in it.

Today I had tacos with wagyu fat added ground venison for lunch. Kids wanted macaroni so I made them scratch pasta Alfredo because we didn't have what I needed for Mac n cheese.

Had pork spiedies for dinner tonight.

20230311_101003.jpg

20230311_135438.jpg

1 hour ago, dbHunterNY said:

She does all things Disney. Disney world is her wheel house including the food. Knows where all the best snacks are and how to work in the food to your favor. Like if you have an early dining reservation you can get in before a park technically is even open. Tusker House breakfast is our favorite at Animal Kingdom. Kids meet disney characters. South African food. Plus if you book it right you can be eating breakfast and then they start switching over to south african lunch too.

Haha, We did Tusker house for breakfast!

6FBE41E3-509E-4C03-87E4-14E3BB4C0C95.jpeg