IGNORED

Whats smokin!!

mowin

First time smoking in a long time. Finally I only have a busy day at home and no running around so I’m smoking a corned beef flat. Started yesterday morning by soaking it to draw some of the salt out. This morning I hit it with salt, pepper, garlic, onion, coriander, and paprika. I used yellow mustard as a binder. Last time I smoked a corned beef flat it turned out amazing. 
A414A43A-39CB-477D-942D-F7FAC4D6F22F.jpeg.3e0d8bfa1d6613eafd0531e2b24b7b27.jpeg

Onto stage 2. Dropped 2 cups of beef stock into an aluminum pan placed the corned beef in the pan and covered it with foil. Another 3-4 hours then a 45 min rest. 

While we are waiting on that a brick of cream cheese just went in the smoker with some salt and garlic sprinkled on top. I’ll let that go for maybe an hour just to soak up some smoke flavor then top it with jalapeño jelly and have it with crackers as an appetizer 

1 hour ago, mowin said:

I've never tried it before.  Assuming lower temp? How long? 

Yeah low temp normally. Last time I did it at 165 and it probably took 30min or so to warm up all the way through which is all you really need it to do. 

Today I put it in with the corned beef so it was in at 250 degrees and was probably in there for over an hour while I did an oil change on the truck. Even at that long and that high of temp it was still perfect. 

2 minutes ago, crappyice said:

The little nuggets trimmed off the ribs prior to hitting the smoker  are the actual best part...they never make it inside!

Lol, nope.    Those are for the pit master. 

• 1 month later...

My first try with the new sausage stuffer.  I did 5lbs of pepper sticks with jalapeños and cheese.  They'll go in the smoker this afternoon. 

It works good,  just a little blow by but I was stuffing 19mm casings, I'm sure italian sausage size will work much better. Still a lot easier than using the jerky shooter that I've used for years.

20230425_093613.jpg

20230425_094802.jpg

Edited by 2012-Taco
Spelling

21 minutes ago, 2012-Taco said:

My first try with the new sausage stuffer.  I did 5lbs of pepper sticks with jalapeños and cheese.  They'll go in the smoker this afternoon. 

It works good,  just a little blow by but I was stuffing 19mm casings, I'm sure italian sausage size will work much better. Still a lot easier than using the jerky shooter that I've used for years.

20230425_093613.jpg

20230425_094802.jpg

My cousin has the same one.  We use it every year.  

• 3 weeks later...