IGNORED

Whats smokin!!

mowin

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

I have a 2.5 hour drive.   Sit tight….

Take your time.  We got 2 hrs in the smoker, then 2 hrs wrapped and prob 40 min to finish with sauce.  Sausage will go in about 12:30 for 2 hrs.  If your early the beer is cold.  

"it's pointless for humans to paint scenes of nature when they can go outside and stand in it"- Ron Swanson

73 lb hog went on the pit around 5:15.  Running the pit a little hotter at 275° for a couple hours as she was packed in 60 lbs of ice overnight.  Using cherry and a little apple.  I'll flip it skin side down around 9.  Eating around 2, so I might need to run this one hotter than normal to get this one done by 1 so it can rest a little. 

IMG_20230528_054707147_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230528_054722480_HDR.jpg

1 hour ago, mowin said:

Flipped her around 8:30. Temps are a little ahead of schedule with the shoulders at 165° and the hind at 145°. I'll probably rotate the rack so the hinds are near the firebox.

Dropping the pit temp to 200° ish.  

IMG_20230528_085802832.jpg

Looks great.  Haven't had a pig roast in a long while. 

One time long ago I told a friend's son "I'll give you $5 to eat the eyeball ". He did, mother was mad when he puked a few minutes later. He's grown up and a school teacher now.  He still remembers it.